So, you have figured out a VA is just what you need! Now what?
I bet you are wondering ‘What should I outsource?’
It is as simple as making a list! Yes, I know I’m adding to your pile of ‘to do’ lists right there but hear me out….
- Grab a piece of paper and make a list of your everyday jobs (including the ones you don’t get round to doing but should be done every day).
- Out of that list, highlight the tasks you don’t enjoy doing and you really wouldn’t mind someone else taking over.
- Now, a 2nd list (I promise this is for your good!), this is for anything you want to be doing more of, or you would like to start doing but just don’t know where to start — add that to the list too!
Ta dar! ….You should have a list of possible jobs you could outsource.
Here are just 10 services that can be easily outsourced; it might get the ideas going for more daily tasks you hate or just don’t have time to do!
- Customer service — You just want to go out and do the work, right? You don’t have time to keep up with the customer contact as regularly as you would like. A VA can do this for you!
- Internet research — Sometimes you need some information on what’s trending in your industry. Or you want to explore new products but don’t have the time.
- Data entry — You know all those business cards you get from the meetings you attend every month? You keep meaning to call back the person you met who would be perfect for that party you want to arrange. The business card is somewhere amongst that big pile of stuff in the corner? Let your VA take care of this! I can collate this information in a tidy spreadsheet or CRM for you so if ever you need to contact any one of them, it will be there at the press of a button! This could also include maintaining your CRM for your loyal customers.
- Responding to blog comments, social media messages — Do your social media pages keep pinging throughout the day and becoming a distraction? You can’t possibly keep on top of it and respond promptly all the time. A VA can help as and when you need it.
- Email management — Tiresome emails coming through every day? Let me tidy it up into neat folders for you so you know where your ‘to do’ emails are and the ‘leave for later’ ones that are less important. Ploughing through emails all day long can be exhausting and very, very time-consuming. You could also miss out on a really important email from a prospective customer that comes through at the same time!
- Credit control — Don’t have the time to chase for payments? Leave it to your VA. Give me the list of customers you would like me to contact and I will do the rest! I will carry it out in a friendly, courteous, and polite manner. And it will help you massively to keep the cash-flow going!
- Networking — If you have local networking events you are part of but just don’t have the time to attend each week then a VA is perfect for you.
- Writing letters/emails — Need to get in touch with your customers or potential customers but don’t have the time…? A VA can do this.
- Social media support / Social customer service — It is hard to keep up with all things social media but that is what it is after all — ‘social!!’ Which means being present online, engaging online, and offering a customer service that is efficient enough to allow people to ask questions on your page and get an answer back! Your VA can do this for you or provide the support and help you need.
- Event Support — Do you host events? If you need help preparing for them, making enquiries, researching venues, or you want someone there to meet and greet and generally support you on the day, a VA can do this!